Work with an awesome, techy team. Build a REST-API for our digital assistant and manage our large amounts of housing data. Help people find a home.
Alpaca owns the largest global network of housing rental groups on
Facebook (>5M users).
Backed by a tier 1 investor from Silicon Valley and as member of Facebook’s partnership program, we are looking for brains, ambition and passion to join us in our offices in Berlin and New York City.
- Develop and improve our B2C housing platform, changing the way people find their next place to rent online
- Help our clients (landlords, rental agencies, condos, etc.) to manage their listings
- Implementation webviews to support the user experience with our chatbot
- Design and build REST-API to support our digital assistant
- Degree in Computer Science, or a related field
- You are able to write modular, well-tested, and maintainable code
- Solid experience with:
- Python, Django, and Django Rest Framework
- PostgreSQL and PostGIS Data
- React.js and Redux
- Independently developing and testing client-facing software
- Ability to work on multiple projects as needed
- Comfortable with working in an English-speaking environment
Benefits of joining the Alpaca family
- Closely collaborate with a tech-savvy founder team with backgrounds in robotics, bioinformatics, computer science, physics and a PhD in meteorology, and build on +20 years of combined-experience in start-ups and strategy consulting
- Become part of a small, international team (<15) that appreciates your opinion
- Enjoy the versatility of working around our core office hours
- Be encouraged to work autonomously in an agile environment
- Work from our office in trendy Kreuzberg surrounded by great restaurants and social scene, or even in the US from time to time if you want
- Attend trainings and conferences to help you grow further
- Choose your hardware
- Receive a competitive salary
- A lot of fluffy animal jokes
- Free coffee and fruits
How to apply
To apply, please send us your CV at firstname.lastname@example.org, and feel free to share any other material that you can, like your Github profile, Stack Overflow Account and projects you have worked on.Apply now
You will receive consideration for employment without regard to your race, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran or disabled status.